Proverbs 15:16

Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great wealth with turmoil.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Swagbucks

Search & Win

So when I first heard about this strange website called "Swagbucks" I was excessively skeptical.  But the more I thought about it, and the more I talk to Cutie Husband, the more it made sense.
You use their search engine, which yields results from both ask.com and google.com, and occasionally you earn swagbucks.  These swagbucks can be redeemed for gift cards and prizes.  My personal preference is gift cards to places like Target.
So it seemed too good to be true at first, but it has become more realistic as I've used it.  Other coupon gurus ranted and raved about Christmas with Swagbucks, mostly doing their Christmas shopping with swagbucks.  I was sold when a couple or truly reliable sources said that they were able to pay for their whole Christmas after a year's use of swagbucks.
Not every search yields swagbucks.  There are occasionally codes for swagbucks.  Usually, you only receive one swagbucks per earning.  It takes hundreds of swagbucks to redeem anything.  This sounds better.
It took me about a week to even install the search bar because I was so incredibly skeptical.
I started using swagbucks just nine days ago, and already have 19 swagbucks.  I haven't even been doing as much searching as I typically do.

So the way I see it, it's not much at all.  About 2 swagbucks a day, on average.  But if I do this for a whole year, and 600 swagbucks by Christmas.  That's a whole lotta money that doesn't have to come out of my pocket!
If you do happen to sign up for swagbucks, just make sure you sign up also for their newsletter.  This newsletter has a lot that you'd not otherwise hear about!  But, as always, use an e-mail account specifically for your couponing and swagging!
So all those naysayers and skeptics, I can say honestly as a former skeptic myself, swagbucks is one ship I'll be on board of for a while to come!
Happy searching!!

I have yet to redeem anything, however I can confidently say you don't get junk mail from this site, and I have countless fellow bloggers who love it.  Until I hear otherwise, Swagbucks sounds pretty great.

No comments: