Proverbs 15:16

Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great wealth with turmoil.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Easy Chicken and Mini Penne Casserole

How can I resist trying out this recipe when the word "easy" is even in the title?!


This recipe is called Easy Chicken and Mini Penne Casserole, and I'll tell you what! it looks easy.  Next week, most likely on Monday night unless circumstances don't allow, I'm going to try to make this meal.






A couple of modifications I already see though:
-I will double the recipe
-I will probably cook the chicken similarly to the way I cook the chicken for the Italian Cream Cheese Chicken Casserole
-I will also ignore the amount specifications for the chicken and likely use 2-3 chicken breasts
-I will use bagged, shredded cheese rather than fresh because I can't distinguish any difference
-I will (most likely) use way more Parmesan cheese than directed, stirring it into the mixture as well as topping it with the cheese


*I might try to add bread crumbs or some flavor of crunched up, baked potato chips the second time I make it.  For now, I need to taste it to see what I think would go best.


When your directions are less than ten lines long, it really is quick and easy!  These days, the little time I spend at home needs to be almost constantly maintaining order and getting homework together, so I can't spend massive amounts of time cooking.  This recipe looks awesome because most of the time it takes to cook is oven time, which means I don't need to slave over the stove!


Part of the appeal about this recipe too is that I'll only have to buy noodles, onion, celery, chicken soup, sour cream, mixed veggies and cheese.  The produce won't be very expensive, the store brand of chicken soup is ridiculously cheap, and you can usually find pretty good sales on the cheese at Vons, especially Lucerne brands!


It seems like the most time consuming part of this recipe will be cooking the chicken, but if I clean the chicken before-hand, it should be a snap!


I'll be posting pictures of this meal once I've made it, which will hopefully be next week!

No comments: